Pages

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

A Car Fit for The King

Lincoln MKZ

Lincoln MKZ
The new 2013 Lincoln MKZ definitely has some style worth applauding! The front grill isn't my cup of tea but the rear and overhead design are gorgeous. I love that the back view is a little reminiscent of a retro sports car but the roof is sleek and modern. The polished, luxe look of the new design is definitely a step up from last year's body style!

Although cars aren't necessarily a given when it comes to a style blog, oddly enough, they have always been an interest of mine. At a very young age, I fell in love with Elvis Presley. I now realize that I am still just as intrigued with him because I have a whole new appreciation for him, not just as a musical legend, but as The King who invented the "celebrity".  Elvis exceeded a man with musical and acting talent. He also had the wardrobe, the plane, Graceland, and his impressive collection of fabulous cars. (Where my interest began.) No star had ever had so much of their life in the public eye but his world, and all of the fabulous toys in it, created the iconic celebrity lifestyle.  Companies of all shapes, sizes, and types understand that selling "the lifestyle" is what is effective and alluring to the masses. I am one of those people. I love all of the different elements that create someone's lifestyle. Whether it's fancy or not, it's still interesting to see all of the styled qualities that create an individual's image and the visual life they live. I just needed to give my reasoning for showcasing cars on this blog and give Elvis the credit he deserves! I like pretty things, so expect all things pretty to be included.

Elvis preferred Cadillacs over Lincolns but I thought I'd include a few from his collection!

1956 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible

1960 MG MGA - one of my favorites! He liked it so much while driving it during the filming of Blue Hawaii, he bought it.

1960 Jeep CJ-5 Surrey Edition - Used for security at Graceland but later, made to look like the Jeep used in Blue Hawaii.
1960 Cadillac Coupe Deville - When Elvis later had this car painted, he took it to the body shop and slammed a vine of grapes on the hood to show the exact color he wanted.

1971 Stutz Blackhawk - Elvis purchased this from Frank Sinatra.


No comments:

Post a Comment