Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Missoni Makes MORE Magic!


1
Margherita Missoni - third generation!




Margherita Missoni with her adorable grandparents
(the founders of the Missoni brand).

While scrolling through my collection of Missoni family pictures from their various ad campaigns, I decided to do a little research (I also decided to make the pics a tad large to show all of the amazing detail!). I have been in LOVE with Missoni since I was about 10-years-old and can even remember the first time I saw a piece of Missoni in person, so my randomly doing this isn't all too random. After reading about the many milestones that occurred for Missoni during its 60 years of history, I came across some interesting and exciting news about the brand that I had surprisingly never heard of! Back in 2005, the plan to have a luxury hotel was born! The company signed an agreement with the Rezidor Hotel Group to create 30 hotels by this year.  Although they are a little behind, (just like I am with hearing about this development), you can now check-in to this lifestyle hotel in Edinburg, Scotland and Salmiya, Kuwait! They're currently in the process of completing hotels in Turkey and Brazil and hope to be open by 2013. It all looks and sounds fantastic except for one thing: make one in America, please and thank you!






No comments:

Post a Comment