Pages

Friday, October 11, 2013

Kitchen Sink Scrambles



I am one of the few (or many) who love having leftovers! To save time, I typically try to make extra so the meal can be enjoyed the next day OR so that I can use the ingredients for another dish.

Two evenings ago, I made my delicious taco meat and made sure to make a little extra. Since then, I have been able to enjoy it with multiple meals, including my breakfast this morning! I also had a partial red bell pepper, chopped garlic, jalapenos, and vegan parmesan cheese left over from other previous meals.

The nice thing about eggs is that you can add them to almost anything, and you've got a fantastic scramble for breakfast! For probably 10 years, I have had the tendency of taking pictures of my food. Sometimes, I like to scroll for ideas and recently noticed how many simple scrambles I had shot. It left me wondering if I could even utilize them for this blog because they were just so simple! But, I do think it's useful to point out, they were all beautiful dishes that I thoroughly enjoyed and they were made by just grabbing what I had in the fridge and adding eggs!

* Please note: this meal was made with what I had from left over dishes, which you can easily recreate even if you don't have these items already prepared in your fridge. Any vegetable or ingredient can be replaced, added, or eliminated! But as is, this particular dish was delicious.

 

This morning, my scramble consisted of:

-1 handful of chopped fresh kale.
-1/2 red bell pepper, chopped.
-1/4 clove garlic, minced.
-1/4 onion, chopped.
-A little bit of fresh jalapeno, chopped.
-1 small spoonful of ghee
-Cooked ground grass-fed beef, that had been seasoned with my fajita seasoning, (ingredients available in Mexican spaghetti post). How much is your preference! I used approx. 1/4 cup.
-2 eggs

Instructions:
*If you don't have cooked ground beef or an alternative in your fridge, be sure to brown the meat in the pan first, before you add the vegetables.
-Add ghee to pan and let melt on medium heat.
-Add garlic and onion to pan, cook on medium-high heat for a minute or so.
-Add all vegetables and meat and cook for 4 minutes.
-Then, add eggs and scramble!
-I topped it with vegan parmesan cheese (recipe listed in my previous zucchini pasta post) but you can obviously simply season it with sea salt and pepper.

Here are other examples of dishes I made and the fabulous meal I got to enjoy the day after. Don't worry, I will be giving the recipes for the dishes shown below. (If there is a particular one your are interested in, please let me know and I will give it priority!)


 
Steamed shrimp and veggies with potatoes and avocado. The next morning for my scramble, I used the potatoes, avocado, and leftover veggies from the night before and added eggs and fresh spinach for a completely different and equally satisfying meal!


     
Sauteed zucchini and onion with smoked salmon on fresh spinach with cauliflower dill soup. The next morning, I added eggs to the sauteed veggies and smoked salmon for a delicious morning meal!


 





One evening I made fish and this steamed asparagus and onion were my side. So, the next morning I added the leftover veggies to eggs and ground beef and placed it on a bed of fresh spinach! 


No comments:

Post a Comment